GStreamer 'do-b-day' 0.3.2 released

GStreamer "do-b-day" 0.3.2 released

The GStreamer team is happy to announce another release of the GStreamer
streaming-media framework. This is our first release using Glib 2.0 and
libxml2 as our default compile plattform. Support for gtk1.2 is still
available with the -disable-glib2 configure parameter. This will however
be the last release with support for compilation with GTK1.2 as keeping
compatible with both set of libraries is getting to be a hinderance for
keeping our high development speed.

We now have a gst-all module prepared that includes all of our source
modules in one easy-to-compile package.
Future Plans

For help building GStreamer, take a look at our build help document.
Updates and Enhancements

    * new capabilities negotiation system
    * xml support bugfixes
    * sdlvideosink enhancements
    * gst-xmllaunch added
    * fixes in avi plugin
    * fli plugin now works again
    * old gstmediaplay now works with GNOME 1.4 and GNOME 2.0
      (gst-oldplay in CVS)
    * New Alpha GNOME 2 mediaplayer
    * lots of fixes on the v4l plugin
    * new cdxa plugin
    * new mjpeg encoder and decoder plugins
    * new example plugin using GOB and updated old GOB based example
      plugin
    * partial update of documentation and examples
    * miscellaneous bugfixes
    * new autoplugger (spider)
    * add multifile/events/filesize-control support to disksink
    * MMX'ified jpeg enc and dec plugins (mjpegtools)
    * Rewrote the SDL video output plugin
    * New Goom visualisation plugin (not yet part of build)
    * More portability work

Some Important Known Bugs:

    * 	When installing you might get a error saying that warning:
	failed to load external entity "/etc/gstreamer/reg.xml". This can 	be
safely ignored. Just run gst-register after you are done.
    * 	If you have the mad plugin installed you will not get sound on
	.vob files.
    * 	AVI playback is not working in this release. Anyone thinking
	Avifile is a great library are kindly requested to help out.

More details on these features can be found, along with the release
tarballs and some RPMs, on the project's website, http://gstreamer.net/.

GStreamer is hosted on SourceForge, so support requests and bugs may be
filed as usual. Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and
applications should subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is
sufficient interest we will create more lists as necessary.

We are still looking for people with access to Solaris, HP-UX, Irix and
True64 that would be willing to try building and testing GStreamer.
Patches fixing such problems are also more than welcome.
Contributors to this release

Core

    * Erik Walthinsen <omega temple-baptist com>
    * Wim Taymans <wim taymans chello be>
    * Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org>
    * Andy Wingo <wingo pobox com>
    * Benjamin Otte <n7y118 public uni-hamburg de>

Plugins and Sample Applications

    * David Lehn <dlehn vt edu>
    * Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
    * Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
    * Martin Enlund <martin enlund net>
    * Leif Morgan Johnson <lmjohns3 eos ncsu edu>

Misc

    * Christian Schaller <christian schaller linuxrising org>
    * wrobell <wrobell ite pl>