Re: RFC: GNOME 2.0 Multimedia strategy
- From: Alan Cox <alan redhat com>
- To: Uraeus linuxrising org (Christian Schaller)
- Cc: gnome-hackers gnome org, gnome-sound-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: RFC: GNOME 2.0 Multimedia strategy
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:52:29 -0400 (EDT)
> A major feaure currently missing in GStreamer is MIDI. There is no
> special reason for this except that none of the developers have gotten
> around to implementing it yet.
They need to hurry - hardware vendors are busy dumping midi hardware support 8)
> to enable simple stuff like `gnome_play_sound("bleep.wav")` for all
> those apps not in need of the full GStreamer API. This will be based
> upon the current gstmediaplay API (libgstplay).
And also simple glue wrappers for the libesd calls so that most apps just
] [Thread Prev