Re: RFC: GNOME 2.0 Multimedia strategy
- From: Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub aphid net>
- Cc: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>, gnome-hackers gnome org, gnome-sound-list gnome org, gstreamer-devel lists sourceforge net
- Subject: Re: RFC: GNOME 2.0 Multimedia strategy
- Date: 20 May 2001 02:00:44 +0200
Jeff Waugh <jdub aphid net> writes:
> > Or at least we should have a "GNOME configuration" that disables remote
> > connections.
> Unfortunately, not good enough (though it would suffice for a short while).
> Don't forget the 'N' in GNOME, especially with GNOME 2.0 coming along. :)
> [ Besides, network-enabled sound daemons are fun in large offices. ]
Woah, I'm getting a vision :-)
Dudes, Napster is dead, long live libgnome - libgnome, the super-cool new
library which contains all functionality you need.
In five years, all people will be using either GNOME or KDE and they'll all
have a network-aware sound server .....
martin gnome org (private)
baulig suse de (work)
] [Thread Prev