Re: Some topics - Standard for Defining a Collection

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Erik Jarvi wrote:

> > 2) If so, what do you think about loading entire themes at a time?
>
> Am I missing the point here in item 2?  You want to load the theme into memory?
> Feel free to flame my ignorance. :)

Right now a user can configure each GNOME desktop event in the sound
capplet (in gnomecc) individually.  However, one cannot change a group of
sounds at once.  So if you created a great GNOME sound theme called
Jarvisoundtheme1, I would have to manually change each sound event to the
ones in your theme.  It would be nice if a user could change all the
sounds at once to a particular theme.

An extension to this would be if a user could define their own theme by
manually setting up which sounds are used for each event and then saving
this configuration with a certain name which can be loaded later.

Dan