Re: formats for Free sounds

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 11:40:55AM +1100, Conrad Parker wrote:
> I did a bit more research into this -- seeing what formats support
> embedded textual data (and specific annotations such as Copyright
> information), and also which free sound tools actually let you
> manipulate this.
>
> While most popular PCM audio formats allow extremely large amounts
> of textual data to be embedded, support for actually setting or even
> retrieving this in existing free software tools is pretty much
> nonexistant.

Nod, it's in most "professional" software. At least for storing
cue points.

INAP (I'm not a programer) but couldn't you "just cut and paste" into the sound
file itself?  Would it be helpful or practical to be able to use gziped text
files? (thinking that the license could possibly be larger then the audio file)

> The details are attached, and also available at:
>
>   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~conradp/sounds/textual_data.txt

Erik
--
All music aspires to the condition of muzak.