[gnome-mud] Trouble installing Gnome-Mud

Linux Newbie so please bare with me. I am running Fedora core 1. this is
output when I try to run Configure:

        gnome-mud-0.10.5]# ./configure
        checking for gawk... gawk
        checking for gcc... gcc
        checking for suffix of executables...
        checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
        checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... yes (version 2.2.4)
        checking for intltool >= 0.23... 0.30 found
        checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
        checking for egrep... grep -E
        checking for ANSI C header files... yes
        checking for sys/types.h... yes
        checking for sys/stat.h... yes
        checking for stdlib.h... yes
        checking for string.h... yes
        checking for memory.h... yes
        checking for strings.h... yes
        checking for inttypes.h... yes
        checking for stdint.h... yes
        checking for unistd.h... yes
        checking locale.h usability... yes
        checking locale.h presence... yes
        checking for locale.h... yes
        checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
        checking libintl.h usability... yes
        checking libintl.h presence... yes
        checking for libintl.h... yes
        checking for dgettext in libc... yes
        checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... yes
        checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
        checking for dcgettext... yes
        checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
        checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
        checking for catalogs to be installed...  az ca cs de es fr hr
        mk ml nl pl pt sr sr Latn sv tr
        checking for gconftool-2... /usr/bin/gconftool-2
        Using config source xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults for
        schema installation
        Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas/ as install directory for
        schema files
        checking for libgnome-2.0 >= 2.0.0
                                libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0.0
                                vte >= 0.10.26... Package vte was not
        found in the pkg-config search path.
        Perhaps you should add the directory containing `vte.pc'
        No package 'vte' found

        configure: error: Library requirements (libgnome-2.0 >= 2.0.0
                                libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0.0
                                vte >= 0.10.26) not met; consider
        adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
        libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find
        them.

What is odd about this is that when I checked what version of libgnomeui
I am using (yum info libgnomeui) it is :

        Looking in Installed Packages:
        Name   : libgnomeui
        Arch   : i386
        Version: 2.4.0.1
        Release: 1
        Size   : 2.25 MB
        Group  : System Environment/Libraries
        Repo   : Locally Installed
         GNOME (GNU Network Object Model Environment) is a user-friendly
        set of
        GUI applications and desktop tools to be used in conjunction
        with a
        window manager for the X Window System. The libgnomeui package
        includes GUI-related libraries that are needed to run GNOME.
        (The
        libgnome package includes the library features that do not use
        the X
        Window System.)

Any suggestions? I would really love to try out your program.