[gnome-mud] Post 0.10 development

Now that 0.10.3 is finally out (thanks Robin!, be more patient on IRC ;)
it's time to think about what to do with g-m generally speaking. It's
taken two months to release this version, even if it was done. We've
been discussing to death about switching to libglade and doing this
stuff or that stuff. The reality is that GNOME Mud has apparently lost
all the man power which accomplished the GTK -> GNOME move, the 0.9.x
series and the initial GNOME 2 port. Some time ago, people just stopped
working on this project, and since then it has crawled.

I think g-m has an opportunity of establishing as the "de-facto" GNOME
client: it has come a long way, and it's the first client people find
when they look for a GNOME client. But there's a lot of stuff to do, and
I don't think it's realistic (please correct me if I'm too pesimistic)
to think we'll get an initial version of 0.11 any time soon.

We should try to get some help from the GNOME community, ie, try to get
some fresh blood in the devel team. I think some post in FootNotes
announcing 0.10.3 as the last version in the 0.10.x series, and then
talking about the lack of manpower to complete our feature requests, to
see if it draws some interest would be nice.

What do you guys think? Am I being silly? Is gnome-mud ok as it is?

Jordi
jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/