Re: howto start a window/application at a defined possition on the desktop ?

Search for information in the X documentation, especially about "resource files", and command line options for X applications, most of them inherit the X options stuff. Look for geometry. I'd did some research about how to write an X application in C, but can't remeber the title, but the author is Naba Barkakati, the resource file and command line options are discussed in detail here.

Good luck

Sigmund

Hej!

I just wonder
how I can start start a window/application at a defined possition on the desktop ?

and how can I unclutter all windows on the desktop?

thanks for help!

Juergen