Re: Gnome terminal feature: close button on tabs / modifying OSS

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 18:29:17 +0100, Don Scorgie wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 02:03 -0700, Fred H Olson wrote:
>> Hi,
><snip>
>>
>> Occasionally when I click a terminal tab (I often switch between them and
>> a browser etc) I hit the close button on the tab by mistake.  There is no
>> confirmation on the intent to close the tab.  Particularly in the case of
>> the editor this can be quite disconcerting.  If I then re-open a tab with
>> the profile that was accidentally closed it is usually out of order;
>> another nuisance.
>
>You can reorder the tabs by dragging them around on the tab-bar.  On
>versions of g-t before 2.14, there was no close button on the tabs.
>They were added in 2.14 to make it more like other gnome apps (gedit,
>epiphany et. al.)

You can also do it using the keyboard using
Ctrl+Shift+{PageUp,PageDown}.

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The British have "the perfect temperament to be hackers--technically
skilled, slightly disrespectful of authority, and just a touch of
criminal behavior".
     -- Mary Ann Davidson, Oracle's Security Chief