Changing MIME-settings under GNOME 2.8.0

OS: Scientific Linux 4.2 (a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.2 derivative) - http://www.scientificlinux.org.

I checked the GNOME documentation but found nothing specific.

My distribution provides GNOME 2.8.0, and somehow, I managed to associate ftp:// with Nautilus, sometime ago. As a result, when I click a ftp:// link outside my browser (in Thunderbird email client for example), Nautilus is invoked for that ftp site.

However, I do not wish this happening any more, and want to re-associate ftp:// URLs with my browser Firefox.

I can not find any MIME-settings application in GNOME 2.8.0. Is there any, and how do I invoke it?

Thank you in advance.

Ioannis