Re: No "Open Directory" in Eye Of Gnome ?

Todd Zullinger wrote:

Peter Gordon wrote:
Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
Is this expected behaviour? If so, is there any replacement for
this functionality?
It might not be what you're looking for, but gThumb (or F-Spot)
provides such functionality.

You can also use File -> Open on EOG and then select all the files you
want to open and EOG will open them in one window with navigation
buttons to cycle through them.

I just use gThumb myself.

Thanks for your replies. I was just missing the fact that the image collection view can now be enabled separately and is disabled by default.
So, for me eog is still the best image viewer available :-)
Good for collection viewing, rapid zooming and panning with the mouse.

--Heinrich