Re: How do I move a window to the current workspace?

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 14:24:04 -0700, Steve Bonds wrote:
>GNOME Folks:
>
>I tend to keep a large number of workspaces open and often have
>trouble remembering which one I'm currently on, yet I'll need to move
>a window over from another place.  The way I currently do this is to
>first move the window to all workspaces, then move it to only the
>current workspace.  This works, but it seems cumbersome.
>
>Is there a way to configure GNOME so there's a one-menu-item method to
>move a window to the current workspace?
>
>My manual review and Google searches have not helped:
>  + http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/2.14/overview-workspaces.html
>  + http://www.google.com/search?as_q=current+workspace&as_sitesearch=mail.gnome.org

It isn't a solution, but wmctrl[1] can do it. So at least there's "prior
art" showing that it can be done.

I was disappointed to find that right clicking on a window in the window
selector applet and in the window list applet activated the window. I
was hoping it'd open a menu with some window control options (close,
move here, show on all, etc.).

Sorry that I'm not able to be of more help.

/M

[1]: http://sweb.cz/tripie/utils/wmctrl/

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Good powers of observation are frequently called "cynicism" by those
that don't have them.