Re: What is Gnome?

Em Seg, 2006-08-07 às 19:07 +0200, Svein Halvor Halvorsen escreveu:
> Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote:
> > In the first page that is an item called "What is GNOME?". Cool, the
> > subject of your e-mail ;-). I think that you can find everything that
> > you need there.
>
> You see, this is exactly my complaint. The "What is GNOME" web page is
> useless. It states that GNOME is free, and supported, etc. But this is
> all meta-info. What GNOME *is*, it doesn't say.
>
> It doesn't say what apps are included. What does it look like, what can
> it do. It what ways does it differ from Windows? KDE?
>
> You know, I've been using UNIX for several years, and I think I have a
> clue what GNOME is, but still, I can't get any info. What then, about
> new users? Are your site not tageted towards those, maybe? Are they all
> supposed to use a Linux distribution, and find their info from the
> distro supplier?

Yes, I understand your point of view. I also judge the GNOME page
useless when I start to use it. I don't know where you can discuss about
this, but I think that this is a good thing to ask for modifications.

> > I think that http://www.gnome.org/learn/ is pretty
> > suitable for you.
>
> This is a little bit better. How do I get to this page from the front page?

In "What is GNOME?" click in "find help and *support*" or click in the
*Support* link in the top of the page. The page "GNOME Support" will
appear, in this that is a sub-item called "Documenation" with the link
*complete documentation*, this is the page above.

Best regards,
Carlos.

> 	Svein Halvor

O Yahoo! est�e cara nova. Venha conferir!
http://br.yahoo.com/preview