window frame

Hi,
Is there a easy way to ask gnome to remove the frame of a window?

Basically, I would like to open gnome-console (or any other application)
and then with a combination of keys, ask gnome to remove the frame
around the window leaving only the console itself, that is, a square
with a prompt with nothing on it's edges. I would also like it to be
reversible, that is, repeating the combination the frame would be
replaced.

Don't think that I have something against the window frame is just that
there are some application that I keep open all the time and always in
the same place. Hiding the frame means more space for the rest!

For those who use xine, the behavior I want is that of xine's window
when 'b' is pressed in window mode.

Daniel Antunes