gnome-terminal functionality

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong place to post. I'll gladly accept advice :-)

I use gnome-terminal in fluxbox (/me ducks) I particularly like the fact that I can have more than one tab in my terminal. I usually launch terminals on a whim with a predefined shortcut key, and as a result I have many instances(?) of gnome-terminal scattered throughout.

Does anyone know how to launch gnome-terminal from the command-line so that it opens a new tab if an "instance" of gnome-terminal already exists rather than a new window?

Thanks,
Johan

Please find our disclaimer at http://www.ukzn.ac.za/disclaimer
<<<<gwavasig>>>>