Re: cyber cafe

> A cyber cafe manager is going to renew all his hardware, and he would be
> interested in switching to Linux.
> I would like to introduce Fedora/GNOME to him.
> The only missing thing is the time counter.
> If I could find a "time counter", it would be ok.
> There would be one user per computer.
> All clients coming to the cyber cafe would log in as "computer1" on the
> first computer, "computer2" on the second and so on....
> I could make a script, or anything that would do something (send some
> signal) when the user logs in, and do another thing when he logs out.
> So the question is:
> - How to make an executable to run when an user logs in ?
> - How to make an executable to run when an user logs out ?

KLUG (http://www.kalamazoolinux.org) used to help operate a cyber cafe
and we built a management interface and client (Tcl/TK & postgresql) for
LINUX workstations there.  If you pop onto our member's list you can
chat with some of the people who wrote it and they can send you the code
- if you are interested.