Re: the %U %s %F options

Steven Shao wrote:
On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 11:33 -0500, Chris Lewis wrote:

Steven Shao wrote:

When you create a launcher in gnome and set a command to it, you will
see the form that a command %s or %U or %F.

I don't know what they do. For example, if you set a gedit launcher, you
see   gedit %U. Why should gnome append the %U to the command? Very
Strange! Who can tell me the reason. or Where can I find the reason in
detial?

Thank you.

Steven Shao.

I know that they are used at least in the case of DnD, although I'm not
sure what each letter represents. I'm quite sure %U is URL, so when you
drag a file for example onto the launcher, it calls the command and
passes the file location as a URL to the command.