Re: browse startig dir

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 23:22 +1300, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 10:46 +0100, Felix Obenhuber wrote:

> > > What version of gimp and gtk do you have?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Ryan
> >
> > Hi Ryan,
> >
> > Sorry i forgot. I'm using:
> >
> > linux 2.6.10
> > Debian testing/unstable
> > gnome-session 2.8.0
> > nautilus 2.8.2
> > gimp 2.2.3
> > gtk lib 2.4.14
>
> Hmm..I don't see this behaviour (i'm using
> gnome-2.8/linux-2.6/debian-testing).
>
> With "gedit", I see that the file|open menu option always shows the file
> selection dialog with my home directory selected. Once I've opened a
> file, then the dialog comes up with the previously-used dir (sensibly),
> but things always revert to my home dir after a restart.
>
> With gimp run from a launcher on the gnome panel, I see my home dir
> displayed as the initial dir.
>
> Gimp and gedit are of course installed in /usr/bin as normal.
>
> With "gimp" run from the command-line I see that the file|open starts up
> with the application's "current working directory" as the displayed
> directory. Are you perhaps launching the app with a script that does
>   cd /usr/bin
>   ./gimp
> or similar? That would explain the problem with gimp. Your email vaguely
> implies that you are having this problem with other standard gnome apps,
> though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon

Hi,

I've solved the problem. Thanks for your hint.

I forgot to write that i start most of these apps by pressing a shortcut
that opens grun. It commes up with it's PWD in /usr/bin/, so all apps
started from grun start in /usr/bin/ too!!!.

I replaced the run command withing my sawfish key bindings from

grun

cd $HOME; grun

an erverything works fine.

Have a nice day. Thx