Re: Gnome initialization - XKB Error

Augusto Farina skrev:
Every time I enter in Gnome, I got a popup box saying that there is an
error on trying to activate XKB configuration. Once, I saw Gnome
asking if you want to use XKB or Gnome configuration, but in mine it
never apears. What file in gnome configuration keep this settings?

There are several reasons why this could happen, some of the ones I have seen in the past include:
/usr/X11R6/bin/xkbcomp is corrupted (not a binary ELF file)
/var/lib/xkb is read-only

or more recently, (not properly debugged) but it appears that in some situations adding a different keyboard layout -may- cause this to appear. This error is usually distribution-specific, so you should contact your distributions bugzilla/errata, unless you have built and installed Gnome yourself (jhbuild, sources, and so on)

Hopefully this is of some help,
   //Spider