Problem mapping Windows key to Mod_4

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this type of question so please bare with me.

I'm running GNOME 2.8 on Debian (Sarge) and have been having this problem ever since I did an upgrade to 2.8.

Basically, before the upgrade, life was great when both Windows keys were mapped to Mod_4. Under GNOME's keyboard shortcut application, I was to press either Windows key and Mod_4 would be the keyname. Now, anytime I try this, I get either Super_L or Super_R.

Luckily, someone was able to give me some insight as to what I can do to try to alleviate this issue.

My .Xmodmap file is as follows:
!! WIN9x  & menu keys
!!
clear  mod4
keycode 115 = Super_L
keycode 116 = Super_R
keycode 117 = Multi_key
add    mod4 = Super_L Super_R

From a command prompt:

$ xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap

I use the command "xmodmap -pm" and this is what I get (the line pertaining to this subject):

mod4        Super_L (0x73),  Super_L (0x7f),  Super_R (0x74)

So it looks like this should be fine but still, under GNOME's keyboard shorcut, it still shows up as Super_(L|R). Would metacity possibly be at fault here?

Any help is appreciated.

bp