Re: [Fwd: Re: How can I add my startup programs to gnome session system wide?]

Rocky Zhang wrote:

I found another solution maybe add my script to this file:
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession (Shell script).
Note: It take effect for every X, no matter what XDM you are using.

As an alternative, you can add a script to /etc/X11/Xsession.d which would contain the commands you want to run or call another script containing these commands. This is IMHO better than changing xdm's file, since this file might be under the control of a package system.

It has a disadvantage, though. Programs run from this place are started before gnome and (for example) before ssh-agent. If you need them to run after gnome, you could give your script a higher number (98 would do) and add the commands to the end of the STARTUP variable. But I've never tried this, so I don't know if it would work.

HTH,
Andrei

--
andrei badea movzx net # http://movzx.net # ICQ: 52641547