Re: ftp with nautilus

On Mon, 2005-28-02 at 10:05 +0100, Philipp Sutter wrote:
> i am using gnome 2.6 and i tried to connect to a ftp directory by
> nautilus:
>
> ftp://user server
>
> and get the following error
>
> couldn't display "ftp://user server" The attempt to log in failed.
>
> doesn't support nautilus ftp-connection with user authentication?

I don't use nautilus for ftp, but you may be able to find your answer
via bugzilla http://bugzilla.gnome.org/query.cgi or the mail archives
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/ , faster than it would
take some who does to reply.

ps. I seem to recall this issue being worked on for 2.8, so you might
try an upgrade, or wait until 2.10 comes out soon.

Cheers,
Ryan