Re: New Splash Screen

Steven Pasternak wrote:

> Hi! I am still new to gnome from kde, and found a really cool splash screen at
> gnome-look.org, but don't know how to install it. I couldn't find a control
> module for it. Thanks!
> -Steven

Hi Steven,

Copy the splash screen somwhere to your home directory. Then open the
gconf-editor application, and in the tree on the left navigate to
/apps/gnome-session/options. Put the path to your splash screen in the
splash_image option in the list on the right.

Be careful when using gconf-editor! And of course, I know this isn't a very
user-friendly way to set the splash screen. Maybe someone more knowledgeable
will come up with a better way.

HTH,

Andrei

--