Has The performance been forgotten?

See the text attachment (unix format).

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
I don't know how much effect it can have,
I don't know how many times it has been commented,
I don't know what can I do for an improvement,
But I know...
Working with a computer is not enjoyable when it responds slow!
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
| TIMES TO RUN  |           |           |           |           |           |
|      IN       |   SuSE    |  RedHat   |  Windows  |  Windows  |           |
|    SECONDS    |    9.1    |   9.0     |  XP(SP1)  |  98(se)   |           |
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|  boot before  |           |           |           |           |           |
|    login      |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |     62    |     54    |     22    |     20    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|  boot after   | (KDE 3.2) |(Gnome 2.2)|           |           |           |
|    login      |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |     80    |     17    |     9     |     9     |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |(Konqueror)|(Nautilus) |(Explorer) |(Explorer) |           |
| file browser  |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |     2     |     1     |     1     |    < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|  multi media  |(Kaffeine) |           |(M-Player) |(M-Player) |           |
|    player     |           |    n/a    |           |           |           |
|               |     12    |           |     1     |     1     |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|   control     |           |           |           |           |           |
|   center/     |           |           |           |           |           |
|    panel      |     15    |     4     |     1     |    < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |  (YaST)   |           |(Computer  |           |           |
|  management   |           |    n/a    |Management)|    n/a    |           |
|               |     15    |           |     2     |           |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|  add/remove   |           |           |           |           |           |
|  components   |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |     45    |     15    |     6     |     4     |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|  find file    |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |     12    |     1     |     1     |    < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|   command     | (Konsole) |(Terminal) |(DosPrompt)|(DosPrompt)|           |
|    prompt     |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |     7     |     2     |     1     |    < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|               | (Kwrite)  |  (Gedit)  | (WordPad) | (WordPad) |           |
|  text editor  |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |     15    |     3     |     1     |    < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|     total     |           |           |           |           |           |
|               |    265    |    > 97   |     45    |    > 36   |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|

Also note:
- I am shouting not because I hate linux, but because I hate negligences hurled at it so far!
- I know many people will suggest me to have a fast xxxx MHz CPU: No, I suggest programmers to test their programs on an xxx MHz CPU to see what they have created!

These are my computer specifications (I am not kidding):

Ultra high speed CPU: AMD K6-2+ at 550 MHz,
Extra high end GPU: nVIDIA RivaTNT 16MB PCI,
Super high speed SDRAM: 512MB PC133,
Seagate 120GB 7200rpm + Western Digital 120GB 8MB buffer
Windows98-SE + WindowsXP-SP1a + RedHat-Linux-9.0 + Suse-Linux-9.1

(Already, I am using Mozilla browser 1.7.3 on Linux)

Other system properties:

Professional sound: Creative SB16 ISA,
High bandwidth modem: Rockwell 33.6 ISA,
High quality big monitor: 14" color monitor

Have fun!

Bahram Alinezhad (alineziad yahoo com),
9/26/2004,
Tehran, Iran.