Re: Openoffice

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:55:43 -0500
Stephen Fisher <slfshare earthlink net> wrote:

> How do I add openoffice to the applications list so I can run it
> anytime I am within gnome without resorting to the terminal?

Gnome generates its menu through entries in *.desktop files. These
reside system wide in /usr/share/applications (on Linux, if
prefix=/usr) and also somewhere in your home-directory (dunno where).

I uploaded you my *.desktop files for OOo, just copy them into
$prefix/share/applications and restart gnome.

http://www.danielpoe.de/tmp/ooo-desktop.tar.gz

Rgds,
Daniel