Re: GNOME 2.8 Weather Applet and "custom" city

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 06:31:09PM +0200 or thereabouts, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>  How can I configure a city in the weather applet (gnome 2.8) that is not
>  in the list?

You can't without messing with the source and recompiling.

You will need to find a source of regularly-updated statistics
for that city, and add it to the program. (I'm not actually sure
what format you need for this.) Most of the statistics come from
airports or from weather stations, I think, but if you can find
another, I expect it will do.

I know, it's frustrating when you have to rely on the next big
city along, which is 40 miles away or more! But you need to have
a source of weather reports.

Telsa