Locking down gnome settings

Hi All!

Has GNOME any methods to prevent changing desktop settings, menu listings, etc? I want to place GNOME as UI for public (for students) library in our Academy (Tyumen State Academy of Architecture and Civil Engineering), and I want to maintain all settings for  public-accessed accopunt on terminal server.
Technical schema:
NFS/TFTPboot server and  over 50 diskless x86 clients (i486..Cel533), I use some pieces of LTSP, after booting workstation show GDM greeting and user can logon with "public" username without (or with simple) password into server. And here I have some misunderstanding how I can prevent users to change previusly maintained desktop and menus settings.