Re: [SLE] Has The performance been forgotten?

Thank you for your notice,
I want to add some comments:

1- My Linux setup and boot are on default settings (In
fact, I am not so foolish to add unused services to
the boot progress!)

2- In Windows OSs, I've installed a few programs and
updates, but I accept that its boot time becomes slow
and slower when you install more programs, though, the
worsts are those who add startup items.

3- In both Linuces, I've installed nVIDIA binary
driver (61.06) that works well, better than Windows
drivers; But this driver only affects 3d games, no
considerable difference in other programs.

4- When I speak about the applications, I mean the
time for invoke them, not the time for doing special
tasks inside.

5- I became tired in trying install Gnome 2.6 on both
SuSE 9.1 and RedHat 9.0; Generally, installed RPM
packages prevent the detection of newer versions
installed from source code; In addition, removing the
old rpm ruins the system... Gnome 2.8?! I see only 2.6
in the site!

6- My intention is not hiding the great advantages of
linux systems, such as: no need for restart, being
open-source and many more; I wish its desktop would be
faster.

7- The file system used here is ext3.

8- How much features do you think SuSE have that is
worth putting your hand under your chin for several
seconds after any click?

9- Is Mandrake Linux better in performance?

Bahram Alinezhad (alineziad yahoo com),
Tehran, Iran.