Re: Multihead different on Gnome 2.6?

tor, 2004-05-13 kl. 07:52 skrev Frank Nørvig:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using Gnome with multihead for quite a while and been very
> happy about the way it works.
>
> On Gnome 2.4 when maximizing a window it only fills one of the monitors
> instead of spreading over both of them and that is exactly it way I like it.
>
> But yesterday I upgraded to Gnome 2.6 (I'm running Gentoo Linux so it
> updated a lot of dependencies too) and now when maximizing a window it
> spreads over both monitors. This also means that popup-windows or
> login-prompts will be centered between the two monitors making them
> almost unreadable.

I have also upgraded to Gnome-2.6 from scratch and my windows are still
keept on the screen where they start.
Maybe you are using the xinerama feature of X where n monitors becomes
one.

> Is there a way to fix this or has the multihead support changed since 2.4?
I guess you should disable the use of xinerama.

A quick google gave me something like this for the XF86Config or
xorg.conf file:

Section "ServerFlags"
  Option "Xinerama" "true"

Hope it helps
--
Martin Willemoes Hansen

E-Mail	mwh sysrq dk	Website	mwh.sysrq.dk
IRC     MWH, freenode.net