Re: root login configuration difficulty

Don't log in as root?

Sorry to be a nitpicker, but one should only log in as root when they
absolutely have to. I know its inconvenient to have to su to root all
the time to do administrative tasks, but its really the safest thing
to do. Never run untrusted (or even trusted) binaries (or even scripts
for that matter) as root unless you have to.

Windows has so many problems because every application that is run is
run with administrative privileges.

Why do you need to log into X as root?

Chris M.