Re: problems with glib installation

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 06:54, Jeff Heath wrote:
> I'm trying to install gnome.  Discovered that I needed to update gtk,
> then discovered that I need to update glib, and install pango and atk.
>
> installed glib-2.2.3 and everything seemed to go well, but when I tried
> to install pango-1.2.5, I got the following error message during
> configure (see below).

So did you follow the instructions in the error message? You almost
certainly need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to point
to the directory where libglib* was installed (/usr/local/lib or
whatever). You don't mention where you were trying to install the new
glib or anything, so I am kind of guessing here.

Cheers,
Malcolm