.ICE-unix locked

hi,
I have XFree864.3.99.902 installed. I try to working on Gatos, a
device driver for ATI video card. After I installed the new device
driver I cannot log on again. First there is error message: Cannot
start listener for inet6. I add -nolisten inet6 in gdm.conf. Then I
got another eror:Default (locked at HOST:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2624,
inet/HOST). Even if I change back to the presaved working version of
/etc/X11 and /usr/X11R6 the problem is still there. I tried to delete that
directory and restart. The problem is still there. Any idea about
this? I couldnot find any infromation about .ICE-unix online. Thanks
Redhat 9
Kernel 2.4
XFree86 4.3.99.902

Lewis