GNOME Display Manger login problem using samba winbind

Gday, I'm trying to set up a linux pc that can use a username and password
from a windows domain as the method of authentication when someone logs in. I
am doing this using samba winbind and have almost got it, but the GNOME
Display Manager (GDM) is giving me the following error in /var/log/messages
when I try to login:
Jan 16 09:20:44 l8ip243 pam_winbind[6977]: user 'nttest2' granted acces
Jan 16 09:20:44 l8ip243 gdm-binary[6977]: Couldn't set acct. mgmt for nttest2

I really need to get this working as we are trying to setup a trial at my work
of the new SUN Java Desktop (SUSE running GNOME). If the trial is successful
we can then work towards getting rid of Microsoft as the common desktop OS.
Can anyone help or suggest where I can go for help?