Re: Fail to start Gnome desktop

På Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 10:54:44PM +0800, Stephen Liu skrev:
> GNOME can login but its desktop fails to start with following warning;
> There was an error starting the GNOME_Settings Daemon
> [snip]

Make sure you don't have a corrupted settings database. Rename your ~./gnome
and your ~/.gnome2 directories and try again. If the daemon starts next time
you try to login, you know where to look ;-)

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl

so much we don't know :: even our own true face             -- after forever