kernel 2.6.0 upgrade strangeness

Hello gnome-list happy new year!

I am in the process of upgrading my Fedora Core 1 machine to kernel
2.6.0. I have compiled a custom kernel because the machine is a hush
Epia M10000 based machine and I really wanted an optimised kernel to
squeeze every last bit out of the C3 CPU.

So I have gone through USB module loading hell as have many with the new
kernel structure. Now that I have a working USB mouse I am in gnome and
writing from Evolution!

But window focus makes the main gnome menu switch back and forth to an
empty Redhat one! Euuurkkk! Haven't quite figured the pattern yet but
opening a terminal with right click will sometimes bring the gnome menu
back.

I am testing an experimental video driver for the via chip set written
by a certain AC, otherwise standard Fedora stuff all over.

help...

=;-p

Tony Grant

--