gconfd scheduler

Hello,
I started gnome one time, decided I didn't like it,
and went back to my original windowmanager. Now I have
gconfd walking my disk periodically doing whatever it
is that it does.

I've checked cron and at , RTFM, and searched
everywhere trying to find what is starting this thing.
So far, no joy.

What schedules it, where is it scheduled from, and
what starts it?

Most importantly....How do I kill it....permanently?
What entry do I have to edit out and where?

I am not subscribed...please CC me.

Thanks,
Dart