Re: GDM only shows on my projector screen! Not Monitor! (duel head)

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 21:22, George wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:36:05AM +0000, Antony Stubbs wrote:
> > I've looked around, read some mans and stuff but I can't figure out how
> > to make it so gdm will load onto both screens, of even so it will load
> > only to my secondary head which is my monitor. Of course I don't want to
> > have to turn on my projector to log in!

> There is so far no way to do this.  Why not switch your screens to be
> :0.0 for your normal screen and :0.1 for the projector?  There is a bug filed
> in bugzilla to also add selection of screen to GDM, but it's not implemented
> yet.  It shouldn't be all that difficult given that gtk now supports multiple
> screens.  That is it should be easy to make selectable screens, but not so
> easy to make it display on all displays, that would take quite a bit of work.
>
> George

Hmm, interesting...
I'll have a play around with switching the screen's over - How do you do
that? I tried making the first occurence of the 'display' section use
the desktop monitor, but that didn't work. I'll have a look around...
But if you know off hand that would be a great help...

--
Tony.

--
ICQ: 17046577