[Fwd:GDM only shows on my projector screen! Not Monitor! (duel head)]

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Antony Stubbs <dolby paradise net nz>
To: gentoo-user lists gentoo org
Subject: [gentoo-user] GDM only shows on my projector screen! Not Monitor! (duel head)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:01:19 +0000

I've looked around, read some mans and stuff but I can't figure out how
to make it so gdm will load onto both screens, of even so it will load
only to my secondary head which is my monitor. Of course I don't want to
have to turn on my projector to log in!
Once gdm is loaded, it displays on the project, and I can move my mouse
down, and the mouse appears on the monitor - with just a plain black
background... Perhapes gdm should display on all 'displays' if there's
more than one available?
I've tried puttying DISPLAY=:0.1 in a few places and I've looked through
some GDM config files but I can't find anything...
In X, everything gets displayed onto my :0.1 screen because at the
beginning of my .xinitrc I've put DISPLAY=:0.1 ... But of course GDM
gets loaded before this is read. How can I tell X on loading that I want
everything on :0.1 ?

Hope I've explained my problem clearly enough!
--
Tony.

ICQ: 17046577
MSN: dolby paradise net nz