Re: What happened to this list?

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 07:12:01AM -0700 or thereabouts, Donald D Henson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 00:07, Kevin Francis wrote:
> > Back when I was subscribed last year it was really noisy, but ... it
> > appears to be dead now ... either that or I am somehow not receiving
> > mail because of procmail again.
> >
> > If anyone sees this can they just reply (to my address)?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> I got it but FWIW I had the very same question yesterday. I posted a
> problem asking for assistance and didn't get any response at all. Maybe
> all the 'helpers' have gone.

The one about "connection to ":0:0" refused by server"?

Possibly no-one knew the answer. I presume from the mention of
YaST that you are using SuSE, about which I know less than
nothing. I have never seen an error message from "Gnome SuperUser"
so I suppose it is a SuSE thing.

I delete questions I know I can't answer and will not be able
to answer. I answer questions I can answer without spending too
much time. And I leave the hard ones until the weekend in the
hope that someone else will answer; but knowing that I have
more time at the weekend to do a little research. This question
fell into that category because the "connection to :0:0" thing
does ring a bell, but not in connection with a Gnome SuperUser.

You normally see that message when another user -- any other
user -- tries to run a command which involves drawing things
on the X server which your user owns. It doesn't normally
have Gnome SuperUser prepended, though.

So for example, create a test user or two. Log in as one test
user. Start X (Gnome, KDE, plain old X). "su othertestuser".
Try to run any graphical app. You'll get that message.

Beyond that, I am at a loss because I don't know SuSE and I
don't know this Gnome SuperUser thing. So that gets saved
for the weekend. Sorry about that :)

Telsa