Re: Making global shortcuts in Gnome

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 11:14 +0200, Karl Fischer wrote:
> Hello
> I would like to make global shortcuts in Gnome ie: Super Button =
> Terminal is it possible?

I think there is no UI for that. But a little playing with gconf-editor
should do it: you need to set the /apps/metacity/global_keybindings/
run_command_N gconf key (where 1 <= N <= 12) to the key combination, and
then the corresponding /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_N
gconf key to the command you want to run.

This should be a FAQ...

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar>