Re: Gnome Settings Daemon failure, revisited

Michal,

I am running Debian Sarge (which recently came to include GNOME 2.8) and
began to encounter exactly the same problem you describe when I upgraded,
so the issue is not confined to Fedora.

I also happened to notice much mention made of the libgnomevfs2-common
library whilst Debian's automated upgrade process was taking place and I
even checked to see if the latest version of libgnomevfs2-common was
installed (it was), so I'd say that the problem is bound to be due to a
mismatch between this library and the requirements of the latest version
of the gnome-settings-daemon. I only wish I had kept a log of the upgrade
and was able to come up with a few more leads...

Seb

--
CC me by all means but a follow-up will usually do.