Re: What is .rom file?

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 19:56 -0400, Nathan wrote:
>  I have problems in upgrading kde 3.2 to 3.3.  While
> searching for solutions, I came across article
> mentioning to  download .rpm and .rom files with the
> same name. I could not contact the site to get
> clarification. So I am curious to find about .rom.
> I have asked the question to KDE group also.  No
> replies yet!

I think Ryan is correct - this appears to be a typo for .rpm - certainly
the rest of the filename you quoted is consistent with how an rpm
filename is constructed.

Certainly, if its the posting referenced at

http://www.talkroot.com/archive/topic/40768-1.html

which you are working from, this is a simple typo, the author appears to
suggest downloading both:

kdebase3-3.2.0-7.i586.rpm
kdebase3-kdm-3.2.0-7.i586.rpm

But if you still aren't convinced, you should probably take this to a
KDE list.

Mike