Re: GNOME 2.8 needs a better mail monitor

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 15:58, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suggest to replace the Inbox Monitor Applet with Mail Notification
> (http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify). Mail Notification has the
> following features which are missing in the Inbox Monitor:

Personally, I think it would be a much better idea to just scrap the
mail monitor entirely, and have eds popup a tray icon when new mail is
available.  Evolution-data-server is being integrated elsewhere through
GNOME, makes sense for the mail applet to use it as well.
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.