Re: (no subject)

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 14:46 +0000, Anthony Yulo wrote:
> Is there a difference between gconf-2.0 and GConf2?
>
> i'm confused.. i tried to install a particular program and an error message
> says it requires gconf-2.0...
> I queried gconf-2.0 using "rpm -q gconf.. no package was found..
>
> But when i queried "rpm -q GConf" GConf2 appeared..
>
> Can someone explain this to me...

GConf2 is the name of the rpm package, gconf-2.0 is the name other use
when querying pkg-config for details about GConf. There is no strict
relationship between the rpm name and the name that pkg-config uses.

Almost certainly if you are seeing this error message and using an rpm
based system you will need to install GConf2-devel. Otherwise you cannot
build anything that requires GConf.

Malcolm