upgrade to 2.4 breaks menu_key and run_key

I upgraded my rh9 machine to gnome 2.4 from rawhide,
and everything seems to work, except menu_key(my left
window button) and run_key(my right one) no longer
work.

however, gconf-editor says /apps/panel/global/menu_key
and run_key are assigned to Super_L and Super_R(which
xev still recognizes the window keys as)

help?