Re: GDM - Can it set the keyboard as well as the language?

Jeff Trefftzs <trefftzs tcsn net> writes:

> It seems standard in gdm-greeter themes to allow the user to pick a
> language; is it also possible to pick a keyboard (and set it, as well)?
> My wife likes a Dvorak setup, while I still work much better with
> qwerty, and it would be nice if I could set her machine to my liking at
> login without having to fiddle with root passwords etc. to change it
> later. Can this be done?

I don't know, but I don't think so. But I think an applet with the
name gswitchit or something like that is capable of choosing between
different keyboard layouts. IIRC, it's bundled with GNOME 2.4, but
also available standalone. Perhaps it can help you. At least the
author ought to know something about the problem.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/