Re: Setting enviroment variables

From: Joe Kelsey <joek mail flyingcroc net>
    Since you claim to have an *ancient* version of gnome
running, I can
    only suggest that you upgrade.

Alas, upgrades are not an option - for sun support to be
continued, we must run sun's distribution.

    If, in fact, you have the *Sun* release, I can only speculate
that Sun
    has mislabeled gnome 2.4 as gnome 2.0.

Sun has documented that they are using GNOME 2.0 - though there
have been usenet postings that some patches from GNOME 2.2 have
made their way into the process.

    Dos the file Xsession exist in the gdm etc directory?  (on
FreeBSD, this
    resolves to /usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/.  I have no idea what Sun or
Linux use
    for this.

   /usr/./dt/bin/Xsession
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.d
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.d/0010.dtpaths
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.d/0015.sun.env
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.d/0020.dtims
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.d/0030.dttmpdir
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.d/0040.xmbind
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.d/6052.starmenus
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.ow
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.ow2
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession.Sun-gnome-2.0-fcs-10
/usr/./dt/config/Xsession2.Sun-gnome-2.0-fcs-10
/usr/./dt/lib/libXsession.so
/usr/./lib/jmplay/sparc/libXsession.so
/usr/./openwin/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession
/usr/./openwin/lib/xdm/Xsession

     All of the gdm file (gdm.conf, Init/, PreSession/, etc) live
    there.  If Xsession exists there, then you most likely have
some version
    of gnome 2.4.

I don't see a gdm.conf at all - so perhaps Sun doesn't really use
GDM.  I presumed, from reading on the net how GNOME started, that
was what Sun was using.  I apologize for my misinformation - you
have helped me learn a bit more about Sun's bizarre distribution.

--
Larry W. Virden <URL: mailto:lvirden cas org>
Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this