Workspaces

It seems that the "debate" between workspaces and viewports happened back in January, someplace between someone's ears, and the decision was made to drop viewports, and use workspaces.

Tragic.

Sadly, I have always used Viewports, and ignored workspaces. From a functional point of view, I find them superior.

Is there any way I can contribute time/skills/whatever to make workspaces work in every respect like viewports used to (with the addition of user adjustable names)?

It is useful to push a window aside into another workspace to view what is underneat, and yet still flick to the other space to view what we have just pushed aside. The continuous slide is valuable. It is also very useful with somewhat limited screen real estate, to be able to flick from one port to another to read stuff that is too large to fit in one screen, esp. acrobat stuff that imposes its format on the user.

--
Dominic Amann, Linux Based Solutions Ltd., <http://www.lbs.ca/>
	18 Candlewood Cr, Toronto, ON M3J 1G8