Re: evolution on Debian

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:15:44 -0600, "Dr. Jones" <drjones vii com> wrote:

> I have been to Ximian's site, and I know that officially, evolution is
> unsupported on Debian. But I know also that I have had evolution
> running before on my debian system.
>
> I can't seem to find where or how I obtained the code to install it
> last time.
>
> Please point me in the right direction.

If you're running unstable, the latest version should already be
packaged and in the main distribution.

If you're running stable, you can search apt-get.org for an unofficial
repository containing the Evolution backport:

http://www.apt-get.org/search.php?query=evolution&submit=&arch%5B%5D=i386

Many of those have the recent unofficial Evolution builds (look at the
actual versions, not the title of the repository).

--
scott c. linnenbringer    |  sl panix com
http://www.panix.com/~sl  | sl moslug org