Re: change window title font

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 01:55:08PM -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 01:26, Alan wrote:
> > Just wondering if the ability to change the window title font is
> > disabled in gnome 2.4, or if it's my setup.  In the font preferences
> > dialoge I can set application/desktop and termina, but the font select
> > button for "Window title font" is greyed out.  The help doesn't mention
> > that there should be anything strange about that setting.
>
> You need to set the GConf key
>
> /apps/metacity/general/titlebar_uses_system_font
>
> to false.

Any reason why this would be set to true by default (assuming it is set
to true by default and not an old key left over in my setup)?  I'm all
for simplicity and the HIG and everything, but it seems a bit strange to
have the different font settings there and you can change all but one,
with no explanation or clue as to why or how to set it so you can
change.

Assuming it's not just my system, would this be something to bring up on
the usability list or just bug it?  Also, how can I find out if it's on
or off by default?

TIA

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain